Where: KL 232
Time: 1pm to 3pm
California Drought and Effects
-Martha Conklin: Professor, SNRI Interim Director
1:00p.m.: Drought in the paleo record: signatures and responses
- Jessica Blois: Assistant Professor, Paleoecology
1:20p.m.: Climatology of California Drought
- Norman Miller: Research Scientists, Regional climate
1:40p.m.: Drought and Wildfire Extremes in California
- Anthony Westerling: Associate Professor, Applied climatology
2:00p.m.: Can Forest Management to reduce fire risk in the high Sierra result in more stream-flow at the mountain front?
- Roger Bales: Professor, Hydrology
2:20p.m.: Drought leads to rapid carbon loss from high elevation meadows
- Asmeret Berhe: Assistant Professor, Biogeochemistry
2:40p.m.: Questions and Discussion
Lunch reception begins at 12pm in KL 232. Permit parking in Lake Lots.