The Critical Zone Observatory Research Experience for Undergraduates and Research Experience for Teachers program traveled to Baltimore, Maryland to present their posters at the Ecological Society of America (ESA) 100th annual meeting. The posters and presentations were then presented at the Stroud Water Research Center.
• Adria Bondanza (RET, Sun Valley High School, Aston, Pa.): Microbial Distribution in Streams: A Meta-ecosystems Approach
• Katie Li (REU, Pomona College, Claremont, Ca.): Effects of Grid Discretization on Coastal Aquifer Models
• Pinky Liau (REU, Rutgers University): Isolation of Iron-Reducing Bacteria from Christina River Basin-Critical Zone Observatory Site
• Anna Marshall (REU, Connecticut College): Spatial Heterogeneity of Buried Soils and Post-Settlement Legacy Sediments in the Christina River Basin
• Julianne Scarmardo (REU, University of Texas, Austin): The Age and Origin of Scallop Floodplain Benches from difficult Run, Fairfax County, Virginia
• Kelly Shen (REU, Duke University): A Delicate Balance: Aquatic-Terrestrial Invertebrate Flux Across a Forested Riparian Buffer Gradient
• Chrissy Wilson (RET, Ridley High School, Folsom, Pa.): Leaf Pack Ecology
• Kelsey Bicknell (REU, University of New Mexico): In-Situ Water Chemistry Monitoring at the Garner Run Catchment, SHCZO, Central Pa.
• Siobhan Donnelly (RET, Centre Learning Community Charter School, State College, Pa.): Density of Root Intersections in Relation to Lithology
• Sharon Dykhoff (RET, Dominion Christian School, Oakton, Va.): Data Enriched Place-based Education
• Sarah Granke (REU, Pomona College, Claremont, Ca.): Geomorphic Mapping of Garner Run, Susquehanna Shale Hills Critical Zone Observatory (SSHCZO), Central Pa.
• Meaghan Redmon (REU, Hanover College, Hanover, In.): TDR Analysis of the Shale Hills Catchment
• Maggie Ruppel (REU, Wittenberg University, Springfield, Oh.): Variation of Root Distribution in Relation to Depth and Lithology
• Anna Schwyter (REU, Pennsylvania State University): Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity at Shale Hills CZO
• Meaghan Shaw (REU, Southern Methodist University, University Park, Tx.): Seasonal Variation and Land Use Effects on C-Q Behavior in the Shaver’s Creek Watershed
READ MORE from Stroud Center >>